MAKE MADE jewelry is home to a cozy, state of the art Metalsmithing studio.
We strategically designed our space with students and making in mind, and combined all of our personal tools and equipment in order to make all of it available for student use. Over 50% of our 2000 square footage is dedicated to studio, tools, and students!
Our studio boasts a comprehensive list of tools and equipment, and a brand new, custom fitted, professional UL listed and strongly rated ventillation system that reaches all of our soldering stations as well covering our casting room. Our studio is equipped to comfortably host up to 6 students in intensive course settings, and up to 14 in some Workshops and Make + Sip courses.
Just a few of our jewelry studio highlights:
- Six Soldering Stations with 6 torches and ventillation
- Both Smith Air-Acetylene and Mini-Smith Torches
- 8 available student bench seats, separate from our own, with available Foredom flexible shaft tools
- 4 separate additional workbench spaces for wax working, hammering, designing, and various hand tool work.
- Two Rolling Mills
- Two Hydraulic Presses
- Complete casting studio, housed in it's own separate area. Casting equipment exists for all processes, including both Centrifugal and Vacuum Lost Wax Casting, as well as more basic Sand and Pewter methods. We have a Vulcanizer as well as the ability to make cold molds.
- Variety of forming tools, including hammers, anvils, vises, cuopla dies, plate shear, and stakes.
- Variety of hand tools, including pliers, sizers, mandrels, stone setting tools, bits and burs, etc.
- Specialty equipment including: Engraving equipment, Rectifier, Enameling Kiln + Enameling Supplies, Plating Equipment
- Polishing and finishing stations, including both normal and high capacity Magnetic Tumblers
- Two Leica professional stone setting Microscopes, as well as individual magnification options.
- Laser Welder
- 3D Printer
- Jewelry Photography Equipment
THINGS TO KNOW
- We do have a fridge on site for those who wish to bring lunch with them to a one or two-day workshop. We also have a variety of delicious downtown eats within a short walking distance. Some of our nearby favorites are Roost, Basil Thai, Crepe Du Jour, and Cantina 76.
- We provide organic coffee during class, and some classes encourage BYO-wine for those 21 and up.
- Parking is easily accessible -- North Laurens Garage is the closest garage, as it's right behind us. There is a walking path from this garage that leads you almost straight to us. Other options are free street parking out front, all along Main Street, or slightly farther Richardson Street Garage Richardson Street Garage and Landmark Building Parking.