Lost Wax Casting : Carved + Cast Rings - Session 4 - evening
5 week class
Thursdays 6:00 - 9:00 pm
June 3 - July 1
Level One Casting Class : Carved + Cast Rings
In this course, beginner to intermediate students will learn the basics of wax carving by hand carving a ring from block wax. They will learn how to:
- Measure and mark the wax with visible planning lines and precision cuts used in 3-dimensional planning and layout techniques for subtractive wax carving.
- Carve, file, and polish the wax models
- Measure/convert wax to metal weights and invest the wax model
- Cast using the centrifugal method
- Saw, file and polish the metal cast ring to perfection
Wax is included in the class fee, however metal is not. Materials fee will be assessed during class, and is based on individual student' design/project requirements. will have raw materials for purchase onsite.
Prerequisite: No experience needed.
Students will be introduced to the basics of wax carving and once this level one casting course has been completed, students may graduate to our level two casting class.
Workshop Cancellation Policy:
Due to the small class sizes and demand for each seat, if you are unable to attend a class for any reason, please notify us as soon as possible to allow another student to register for the class.
Please note, we cannot offer refunds for student cancellations, but we can offer credit to be applied toward a future workshop based on the time frame in which you have notified us of your cancellation.
- Please notify us at least 72 hours prior to the workshop date and time for full credit towards another workshop.
- Less than 72 hours notice from class date and time, you will receive a 50% credit towards another workshop.
- If cancelled within 24 hours of workshop or if you are a no-show to class, we cannot offer any credit.
Workshop cancellations are decided three days before the start date. In the rare event that MAKE MADE must cancel a workshop due to insufficient enrollment, currently enrolled students will have the option to have the entire class fee refunded or held as credit for future workshops.